Actual car shopping

So today I bought my new car (not 'new' new, but new if you know what I mean!). I  took Edward with me and put him in the connecta. We were there for over an hour doing various bits of paperwork, photocopying, printing and sorting out my car for part exchange. 

Edward spent most of the time in the connecta, not asleep, but fully engaging on what was going on. Yes he played with a pack of wet wipes, a plastic cup and my pencil case but he was included in all the discussion and everything that was going on, he was watching my interactions and interacting himself. This is what I have come to love about wearing him. I can't imagine that I would have been able to spend that amount of time mostly sitting down and doing grown up stuff had he been in a buggy, perhaps if he were asleep, but I'm sure he wouldn't have slept the whole time. Instead, because I was carrying him, he had an enriching, engaging experience.

I haven't read much to be honest about this whole baby thing, but I do remember reading something by Dr Sears along those lines. How it's great for babies to be submerged and included in an adult world, not just as a distant onlooker. The salesman was totally surprised that we got everything done with a 7 month old in tow without crying or fuss.

2 responses to “Actual car shopping

  1. Tom has really good pen and knife skills, I like to think this is because he has watched a lot of writing and cutting over the years :)

Leave a Reply