I've forgotten what a pain a buggy can be!

So today we went to sling meet and took the car seat on the buggy wheels (long story, car had to go to garage, yes the new one, to be valeted as they hasn't done it for when I went to pick it up!) as I didn't want to leave the car seat in the car. Anyway, i realises it was the first time in several months that I had actually used the buggy. Edward was looking at me strangely as if to say 'what am I doing all the way down here mummy?'. But he was happy. I've forgotten how cumbersome the thing is. On narrow pavements kind people would wait aside to let us pass, or step into the road. Very kind of them but a bit of an inconvenience! I'm so used to marching along with Edward in a wrap or the connecta that it felt really strange. I felt held up in a way. Then we came across this:

A scaffolding van up on the pavement, not leaving a wide enough space for us to get through, a very busy road with cars passing both ways most of the time, some cones in the road but not enough to make a safe passing corridor for us. We were pretty much stuffed. It would have been hard to cross over as visibility was low because of the van and the road was really busy. Eventually a bus stopped for us and we went into the road and passed the van. If I were wearing Edward this wouldn't have been an issue at all! 

We walked around town and I had trouble getting through narrow gaps in shops and kept bumping into stuff. 

I carried Edward after the sling meet and the buggy was at least useful for helping Hannah get all the library slings back to the car! 

This experience made me realise how much I take wearing Edward for granted now. If you told me a year ago that i'd hardly be using the buggy i wouldn't have believed you. I just find it so much easier to get around, especially in busy places, still I guess it's good to brush the cobwebs off the buggy once or twice a year! 

Steph R 

Leave a Reply