Forgot my sling!

GRAYSON'S FIRST OUTING 
TO THE   BEACH
So, I made a fatal error- left the house without my sling. Arrive at the beach, it's glorious weather. Realise I have two options 1)take buggy into beach....dry soft sand, never going to work! 2) carry my 20lb 7 month old in my arms....never going to work! (This is the beauty of slings, people with babes in arms often say, but doesn't he get heavy after a short period of time? And the answer is 'no', he really doesn't, I can carry him in a sling for hours whereas in my arms I get the lactic acid burning arms after 15 minutes!) Anyway I digress, so I opted for option 3) make a sling a la Blue Peter! I searched the car for scarves, sarongs, clothing etc and opted for my giant muslin. Followed it into a triangle, pulled the point up under his bum to his belly button, and voila a hip carry! Yes it was a bit uncomfy on my shoulder, but it meant we strolled on the beach for an hour, him watching the world go by and me hands free for a blackberry ice cream!
When do I get my Blue Peter badge ;)

Leave a Reply